The Great Pyrenees Club of America welcomes you to our Health Website.
This site is designed to help bring current information to GPCA Members, owners of Great Pyrenees, and to those who wish to learn more about Great Pyrenees. There are many points within this site that will direct you or link you to other websites. On those sites you may find ads for products and services. Please be aware that a link to another site for information contained therein does not constitute an endorsement by GPCA of those products or services.
New updates January 6, 2017
We have updated Health Committee Members page and Champion for Health Page.
Our Special Gratitude to Our Donors
On behalf of the GPCA Health Committee we acknowledge our members and friends who have been so generous in their donations. We have dedicated a special section to express our gratitude in assisting us in maintaining the health of our beloved breed.
- Neuronal Degeneration (NDG) Swab Collection: To request a Test Kit or have questions please contact Sue Blevens at NDG.Kit2Go@gmail.com or call/text 781-771-2022. For additional information on NDG http://z.umn.edu/pyrenees
- Neuronal Degeneration in Great Pyrenees 2017 Health Seminar report Part 2
- 2017 NDG Talk Summary2017 Health Seminar report Part 1
- 2015 Health Committee Report2015 Report
- Up date to the Health Awards Award Recipients
- Up date to National Seminar and Health Clinic page National Clinic and Seminar Page
Other News in Canine Health
The FDA has some useful information on purchasing your pet medicines online.
There is also a new pain medication for your pet. If your dog or other companion animal has had trouble taking the standard pain meds available, or if you would like to consider another approach to pain control, there is a new pain control product based on ancient Chinese medicine. It is derived from a snake venom.
Don't forget to check the Genome Barks Podcasts for the latest news in canine health issues.
At your next vet visit ask about new canine flu vaccines. You and your pet both need a flu shot every year!
Up-to-date information on pet food recalls, new drugs approved for veterinary medicine or links to pet health research and other resources from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Please check this important info on flea & tick control products from the EPA.